Château Pontet-Canet is a Fifth Growth Bordeaux located in the Pauillac appellation. The estate dates from the early 18th century, when Jean-Francois de Pontet, the governor of Medoc, bought several vineyards in the area. Later his descendants bought parcels in nearby Canet, and by the mid-19th century the combined estate was considered important enough to be included in the historic 1855 classification. Today the estate is owned by the Tesseron family and it includes 200 acres planted mostly to Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The wine’s blend is typically 63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc. About 21,000 cases are produced annually.
This sealed case of twelve bottles is in excellent condition.